Echo in vain...

Posted by Hina

Echo in Vain


A whistle that bought you trotting
A call you never ignored
A noise you knew was mine
A faith you always bore

And so I whistle again
And so I call your name
But the sound of my voice just lingers
To echo.. in vain

The mornings that you woke me early
Await in lonely fashion
The things you left behind
Remind me of your absence

Weeps the bowl you ate in
Weeps the tattered toy
Weeps the morning newspaper
And so... weep I.

The rain goes and comes
So does the darkness of the night
The stars which once twinkled above
Disappear in the morning light

Why did my star had to see
So early the light of the day
Looking up every night why
for a glimpse I search I pray

Like a ball that I threw towards the sky
You flew away to infinity
With open hands now I wait
Why do you defy gravity?

And so I whistle again
And so I call your name
But the sound of my voice just lingers
To echo... in vain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment