Revival

Posted by Hina



A melody, but no lyrics
the sunrise,a wordless song
the sun emerging from the mountain bed
faintly humming.. all along

Facing the fading darkness
On a rock, I sit forlorn
Dim dolour.. within me
I assay the crack of dawn

The dove slowly carves the air
above me... way up high
the loneliness mildly broken
the solitude becomes a sigh

I carelessly fondle the wet surface
my toe, my feet... hesitating
i force myself unwilling
into the water.. meditating

The river,in time, has softened
the coarse pebbles beneath my feet
the water between my legs, gushes
a humble thrust to my being

I shiver in the biting wetness
my breath afresh I breathe
I take all in so slowly
This moment a lifetime conceals

As i step out of the stream
pink freshness covers my limbs
the water drenches my soul
my being as pink, as pure

I lie down content and tired
soft grass tickles my back
I stretch my arms wide open
I lack,now, any lack

The streams the ocean brim up
something my void fulfills
The pounding in my bosom
New life,for once, instills

The earth beneath me carries
the burden of life awry
The gulf betwixt irrelevant
I spread and embrace the sky

I do not wish to see now
Anymore, opine my eyes
In sweet forgetfulness, lying
will all for me suffice

My face beaded with droplets
my forehead, with nature anointed
I breathe and breathe and breathe
Clothed, I thus, lie naked

The sun rays from the zenith
from the heavens do pry
Slowly they steal my wetness
Yet slowly I am soaked dry

The warmth is like mother's touch
Her palm on the throbbing forehead
the snow on my soul has melted
Cherished nothing is left instead...

2 comments:

  1. Kavya Sharma

    wow... for once, pathetic fallacy doesn't seem to be a fallacy at all...
    Between wordsworth's and ur poetry, i'll pick yours.

  1. Hina

    Hey Kavya..tks for ur comment..and choosing me over Wordsworth...which makes me believe i am worth a word if not Wordsworth!glad u liked it.

Post a Comment